Thursday, January 7, 2010

my {special} christmas : )

So every Christmas we have the exact same rituals...

Christmas Eve we get up and get ready for the day.
We go my Grandpa's house and celebrate
Christmas with my dad's side of the family.

After we leave Grandpa's we go to church for candlelight service.
It is one of my favorite Christmas rituals even though
i like how they used to do it when i was little better.

After church we have some family and close friends over for
finger food, desserts, and wine.
Even though we are now 22, 19, 16, and 13 we still all sleep
on my parents floor on Christmas Eve.
I made my favorite lime jello salad.
(mom and i almost forgot to make it!)
Papa brought his new puppy Coco.
She is just a doll.
As usual, we had to take some family pictures outside.

So everyone brings various dishes and comes over for
an afternoon feast.

Christmas night we open presents with my mom's side.

I love that we practice the same Christmas routine every year.
I hope that when I have a family we will have a similar
routine. It helps to make everything extra special.

it is also so sad when it's over...
but until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment