Saturday, December 25, 2010

christmas 2010.

this christmas was a little different for my family.
my grandpa passed away a week before
christmas after longterm suffering.
there is never a good time to lose someone,
but being that it was at christmas time made things harder.
we always went to his house for christmas eve.
this year we had to improvise and get my aunt
and her family to come to our house.
we ate lunch and opened up a gift
before going to the candle light service at church.
after church we came back to the house
for finger food with some family and friends.
every year since i was a baby my mom has
always made my brothers and i sleep on the floor
in her room christmas eve night.
even though we are grown, we still keep with the tradition.
christmas morning we opened presents,
and my mom's side came over to eat and open more gifts.
it was still a good christmas just different.
i feel like it will be like that until i have my own family
to make new traditions with.
tomorrow we leave for Park City.
i'm looking forward to seeing some snow
to keep in the spirit for a few more days!
merrrrry christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment